ARE YOU AVAILABLE TO SERVE?
MBFC is a ministry for bringing business people and practices to Jesus Christ. We have a mission to help people to appreciate the pre-eminence of Almighty God in all businesses done on earth. To serve as an extension agent of God’s work by encouraging people to apply the values and standards taught by Jesus Christ in all fields of endeavour and to help people in businesses to improve the performance of their enterprises through teaching and counselling based on Christ approved principles.
We are looking to expand our team by recruiting an Admin Officer to join the Secretariat Office in Lagos Island. Interested applicants must send a copy of their CV with a 400 word essay titled
“Workplace Christian Ministry in Nigeria”
Candidates must possess a minimum qualification of BSc or HND in any discipline. Candidates who are yet to complete their NYSC program may still apply and if selected will be formally requested for from the NYSC office to complete their full service year at MBFC.
Send applications to email@example.com or post to Managing Business for Christ, 11th Floor Bookshop House 50/52 Broad Street, Lagos.
All Applications must be received by March 17, 2012 (17.00 GMT)
The main responsibility of the intern will be support in ensuring the smooth running of all MBFC Secretariat activities in an administrative capacity. This includes ensuring that the daily running of the MBFC Secretariat office is adequately covered and all external activities are sufficiently planned for and executed.
- Responsible for all correspondence received. Ensures they are either dealt with appropriately and in a timely manner or referred to the person(s) responsible.
- Maintains regular contact with all MBFC clients (businesses) by means of phone calls and e-mails
- Provide adequate administrative support for the daily running of the office by means of typing, sending faxes, photocopying e.t.c.
- When required run MBFC related errands outside the office.
- Maintains the MBFC database by updating new client information and analysing the data for reporting purposes
- Monthly Breakfast with the Lord Meeting
Attend the meeting
Booking venue and/or contactors
Sending reminders to participants, organising/providing materials needed
Taking appropriate registration before and during the meeting
Reporting and documenting the activities of the meeting (including pictures)
Sending out the report and any other relevant materials to the participants in a timely manner
Establish correspondence with new participants in a timely manner
- MBFC External Activities
Attend all Seminars, Training Events and Workshops
Ensure smooth running of the events by providing adequate administrative support
Ensure all training materials are printed and ready for the event
Take adequate registration before and at the venue
Reporting and documenting all activities (including pictures)
Assist in facilitating sessions when required
Establish correspondence with Participants in a timely manner
Analyse data from event questionnaire
Make recommendations for improvement on future activities
Assumes responsibility for compiling resources for the newsletter
Makes creative contributions to the newsletter by means of writing articles, working on a suitable layout/design
Chasing up outstanding resources and ensuring the newsletter is ready to print in a timely manner
Securing advert placements from existing advertisers and come up with new strategies to get new adverts
Sending final draft to the printer for publication
Maintain a database for regular newsletter subscribers
Responsible for distribution to regular subscribers
- Is able to work with little or no supervision
- Can use initiative and has adequate problem solving skills
- Is creative and innovative
- Have a honest approach to work
- Is a team player
- Has adequate time and personal management skills to enable deadlines to be met
- Always willing to help in anyway necessary for the goals and objectives of MBFC to be achieved
- Shows commitment and dedication to tasks being handled
- Has a genuine interest in people and strives to make a positive impact
- Understands the importance of excellent customer services
- Is a Christian and shows dedication to constantly improving their personal relationship with God
- Has a flexible approach to work
- Excellent IT skills
- Proficiency in MS office packages especially, Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship skills
- Ability to grasp new skills/concepts in a relatively short period of time